A new angle of Faf de Klerk’s controversial hit on Lions scrum-half Conor Murray during the second test has emerged on Twitter today.
This one looked a stonewall card in real-time, with an audible gasp going around the ground when the Sale Sharks playmaker collided with the Munsterman.
There were no cheers from the Boks’ camp that would normally greet a big hit, with everyone seemingly aware that this was foul play.
The Lions were adamant that a card should be coming, but checks with the TMO saw O’Keeffe deem it wasn’t worthy of anything.
SOCIAL REACTION TO THE NEW ANGLE:
- Five rugby players who were banned for biting an opponent
- Who have been the worst Lions players based on reputation?
- Sir Clive Woodward selects ‘brave’ Lions XV for series finale
- Sonny Bill Williams asked to name his top five players
- Ronan O’Gara ‘rips up’ Lions backline and makes five changes
Faf de Klerk facts: 5 things you didn’t know about the Sale star
#1. Actual name
Despite being better known as Faf, his full name is actually Francois de Klerk.