The Lions must go for extreme pace and try to prevent the constant stoppages, according to World Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward.
Woodward wrote in his column for the Mail Online: “They need some clear thinking and brave calls need to be made by Gatland and Co.
“Gregor Townsend needs to come into play — he will have been frustrated at the limited part his Lions back division played in that game, scarcely firing a shot in anger.
“The Lions can only beat South Africa if they up the pace massively and somehow prevent all those stoppages which are a godsend for the Boks. Every prolonged TMO episode is manna from heaven for their forwards.”
FInd Woodward’s XV, below with only one back retaining his place in the starting team.
- 15 .Liam Williams for Stuart Hogg (Scotland)
- 14. Louis Rees-Zammit for Anthony Watson (England)
- 11. Josh Adam (Wales) for Duhan van de Merwe (Scotland)
Woodward wrote: “Liam Williams, Louis Rees-Zammit, Josh Adams and Elliot Daly must all come into play. The theme must be extreme pace in everything the Lions do.”Embed from Getty Images
- 13. Elliot Daly (England) for Chris Harris (Scotland)
- 12. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)