Owen Farrell injuring himself with his latest reckless tackle pretty much summed up England’s day against Ireland in Dublin.
- 5 players who failed their final Lions audition in Dublin
- Ellis Genge could be in hot water after incident against Ireland
- Daly 4, Ford 5: Ireland vs England player ratings
- Bundee Aki red card: Centre sent off for hit on Billy Vunipola
Owen Farrell facts: 12 things you didn’t know about the England star
1. He started off in Rugby League
His education began in rugby league – he joined Wigan St Patricks at the age of eight.
2. School days
It’s well known that the Saracens star went to school with England teammate George Ford, however, it’s less well known that he went onto study Business at Hertfordshire University.
Farrell celebrates every point he scores by linking his index fingers together to make a ‘JJ’ sign, the Joining Jack salute, Joining Jack being a charity dedicated to the needs of sufferers of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.[ Farrell is also a patron for Duchenne muscular dystrophy charity Duchenne UK.