Sam Simmonds’ wonderful late try broke Bath’s hearts as Exeter Chiefs inflicted an eighth-straight Premiership defeat on the league’s bottom side.
- Etzebeth will be forced to step down from rugby
- Premiership game postponed hours before kick off
- Fastest players from the Autumn Nations Series revealed
- Player who left Sale this week has already re-joined
- Eddie Jones told ‘you will never play for England again’
Four players Eddie Jones should drop – and who should replace them for the Six Nations
We pick four players who we think deserve a chance in the England squad following the conclusion of the 2021 Autumn Nations Series.
#1. Owen Farrell
The England captain would have hoped to play a much bigger on-field role. Unstinting team man as always but England actually looked a better team with him not on the field.
Replacement: George Ford
The 28-year-old’s uplift in form since being dropped by Jones has been incredible with a number of flawless performances in the Gallagher Premiership for Leicester. He feels like a more appropriate deputy for Marcus Smith, and has plenty of experience to pass on to the 22-year-old upstart.