Scottish rugby delivers record multi-million pound profits…again
Scottish Rugby has generated one of the strongest operating results for the game in its history, which will lead to a continuing increase in investment across the sport in Scotland, its 2017/18 Annual Report has confirmed today.
Annual Report highlights:
– Record turnover of £57.2million achieved (rise of £5.8m) + 11.3% on previous year
– Represents 63% rise in income growth since 2011
– A surplus of £1.8m reported
– Average debt down to £2.4m, a fall of £2.8m on previous year
– Funds generated allow significant ongoing and increasing investment to be earmarked for grassroots clubs
– Run of eight consecutive sell-out matches continued at BT Murrayfield
– Scottish Rugby to continue Club Sustainability Fund for foreseeable future
A record turnover of £57.2million was achieved over the 2017/18 season, an 11% rise of £5.8million on the previous season and equating to a 63% rise in income growth since 2011.
This in turn has generated a surplus of £1.8million, among the highest ever recorded for the organisation.
The record-breaking financial results have also enabled Scottish Rugby to record its lowest average debt in the professional era.