Harlequins have announced that England number eight and fan favourite Alex Dombrandt has signed a new long-term deal with the club.
Capped four times by England, the Croydon-born 24-year-old has taken the rugby world by storm since making his senior debut against Agen in the European Challenge Cup in 2018, making 87 appearances and racking up over 200 points to date.
Scoring an impressive 11 tries in his debut season in South West London, the marauding number eight instantly displayed a natural style of play that mirrored Quins’ renowned, attacking DNA.
Commenting on his new deal, Dombrandt said: “I’m very excited to have re-signed. I love the Club, I love what we’re trying to do at the moment. I’m really excited for what’s to come in the future.
“Coming from university and into the professional environment I feel like I’ve grown on and off the pitch. I guess for me it’s just about being able to continue that growth, get better each day and go from there.
“This is a club that I’ve supported growing up. I used to come and watch Quins as a kid, so to stay at the club that is close to my heart, I’m very happy to do that.
“We’re trying to create something really special at this Club and obviously winning the Premiership last season was amazing, but we don’t want to sit on what we did last year. I think we’re in a really good spot at the moment.”
- Leicester Tigers captain Ellis Genge lays one on Wasps star
- Alun Wyn Jones makes decision on future after getting huge offer
- 5 rugby internationals who lost a ton of weight in retirement
- Ford will only be recalled by England if rule change goes ahead
- Nigel Owens reveals what it was like to referee Austin Healey
ENGLAND’S PREDICTED SIX NATIONS SQUAD (BOYLE SPORTS):
- Joe Marler (Harlequins)
- Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
- Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks)
- Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears)
- Trevor Davison (Newcastle Falcons)
- Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers)
- Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
- Jame George (Saracens)
- Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons)
- Maro Itoje (Saracens)
- Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
- Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
- Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs)