Wales international lock Jake Ball renewed his rivalry with Faf De Klerk, luckily escaping any on-field sanction after a brutal clothesline tackle on the Springbok scrumhalf.
The pair first clashed during the 2019 World Cup semi-final with Ball taking taking exception to something de Klerk said.
Sale’s playmaker was looking to box-kick with his hands placed on the ball when the Scarlets powerhouse came through the ruck to sack the Springbok.
To all viewers, the incident immediately looked dangerous, but there was no review of huge hit by officials.
- Sky Bet predict how the Lions will line-up
- McGeechan ranks his 5 best young players in the world
- O’Driscoll leaves Owen Farrell out of his Lions backline
- The Six Nations team of the tournament has been named
- Italy legend Sergio Parisse ranks his five toughest opponents
Warren Gatland names O’Driscoll in his top five Lions of all-time
GATLAND’S TOP FIVE LIONS OF ALL-TIME:
#1. Gareth Edwards (Wales)
GATLAND SAID: “To me, he is probably the greatest halfback we’ve seen in the game. He was quick, intelligent and scored a lot of tries.”
DID YOU KNOW? In 2003, in a poll of international rugby players conducted by Rugby World magazine, Edwards was declared the greatest player of all time.