Wales vs Scotland players ratings as the men in red bounced back to win the Doddie Weir Cup 20-17 in Cardiff.
Dan Biggar kicked 15 points in his 100th international to guide Wales to victory at the Principality Stadium.
It proved a captivating contest in Cardiff as Wales bounced back from the disappointment of an opening Six Nations weekend defeat against Ireland.
Scotland had celebrated a Calcutta Cup victory against England, but their 20-year record of not winning in Cardiff continues.
Biggar give the hosts an early lead with a pair of penalties, but Darcy Graham’s try and two Finn Russell three-pointer gave the visitors an 11-5 lead.
The two fly-halves then exchanged a penalty apiece before powerhouse prop Tomas Francis’ try levelled the scores at 14-14 at half-time.
Biggar and Russell exchanged kicks once again after the restart, but after the latter was sin binned for a deliberate knock-on, the Welshman slotted a drop-goal to win the game.
Scroll down for the Wales vs Scotland players ratings.
WALES: 20 (14)
- Tries: Francis 31
- Pens: Biggar 5,8,25,57
- Drop-goal: Biggar 69
SCOTLAND: 17 (14)
- Tries: Graham 12
- Pens: Russell 16,20,29,49
WITAN INVESTMENTS PLAYER OF THE MATCH:
- Most carries: Liam Williams (Wales) – 18
- Most metres made: Liam Williams (Wales) – 159
- Most tackles: Sam Skinner (Scotland) – 21
- Most tackles missed: Tomas Francis (Wales) – 3
- Offloads: Tomas williams (Wales) – 3
- Turnovers won: Liam Williams (Wales) – 1
- Turnovers conceded: Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 2
Wales vs Scotland players ratings
Wales: L. Williams 8; Cuthbert 7, Watkin 6, Tompkins 6, Rees-Zammit 5; Biggar (capt) 9, T. Williams 7; W. Jones 7, Elias 8, Francis 7, Rowlands 7, Beard 6, Basham 6, Morgan 7, Moriarty 6
Scotland: Hogg (capt) 7; Graham 8, Harris 7, Tuipulotu 5, Van der Merwe 5; Russell 4, Price 6; Schoeman 7, McInally 6, Nel 6, Gray 6, Gilchrist 7, Skinner 7, Watson 7, M. Fagerson 6
- Nigel Owens ranks his top 5 captains with Richie McCaw third
- Sir Clive Woodward reveals the five changes he’d make to the England XV
- Danny Cipriani the latest England star to be offered nations swap
- “World-class all over the park” – Richie McCaw picks his all-time XV
- Jonny Wilkinson picks all-time film star rugby XV