Saracens as England number eight Billy Vunipola was forced off midway through the first half against Edinburgh.
WP Nel’s try 14 minutes from time gave the Scots a shock 21-18 away victory over the Londoners in the Challenge Cup.
And the defeat may prove costly as Vunipola was forced off after falling awkwardly early on, while hooker Kapeli Pifeleti was stretchered off a few minutes later.
The England international, who has had more than his fair share of injuries, only returned a week ago after recovering from a minor knee ligament injury he suffered at the start of November.
Vunipola is set to have a scan on the injury today with the Sarries hierarchy hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
A Saracens club official revealed they will provide an update on their two injured players once they know more later today
- Sale launch stunning bid for TWO England internationals
- Ellis Genge’s perfect response to Harry Potter disappearing
- Five England players who impressed Eddie Jones this weekend
- Exeter Chiefs set to lose TWO internationals due to a lack of funds
LIST: 5 more England internationals who could swap clubs next summer
#1. Ellis Genge
- Age: 26
- Position: Loosehead-prop
- Current club: Leicester Tigers
- Linked with: Bristol Bears & Saracens
Saracens could turn to the Leicester captain if they fail to agree a new deal with Mako Vunipola, reports the Mail Online. Both loosehead props, who have also been linked with a move to Bristol Bears are yet to agree new terms with their respective clubs.