Dan Biggar suffered a nasty looking head injury during Northampton’s Premiership match with the Lions star leaving the field after just 20 minutes.
The 31-year-old was involved in a nasty clash of heads with Billy Twelvetrees as the pair both scrambled to pick up the loose ball.
Biggar failed his head injury assessment in the dressing room and was unable to return to the action for Northampton.
- LIST: 5 players who are reportedly on the Lions standby list
- How the Lions will line-up against the Springboks based on the odds
- The youthful England XV Eddie Jones should select this summer
- “Farrell will play 12” – Brian O’Driscoll selects his Lions XV
- Eight Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About Sam Simmonds
Billy Vunipola and 4 other players who AREN’T on Lions standby list
#5. Billy Vunipola (England)
Wales legend Adam Jones, appearing on the House of Rugby podcast alongside O’Brien, revealed in the wake of Thursday’s announcement: “This is what I know about Gats. Billy came out and said Eddie Jones should have coached the last tour and Gats will hold a grudge. There is no chance of it. That’s what I think.”