In the 2015 Rugby World Cup Final against Australia, Dan Carter scored four penalties, converted two tries (with the final one taken with his right boot), and kicked a drop goal that gave the All Blacks the winning moment.
New Zealand held off a fierce Australian comeback to win a thrilling World Cup final to win 34-17, becoming the first team to retain their title.
Due to the performance, the number 10 was named the Man of the Match.
Carter could not dream of a better finale to his 12-year, 112-cap All Black career, and few would deny him the moment after what he has given the game down the years.
One supporter wrote: “He also made total 11 tackles in that final. I always feel his defensive play is underrated.”
“So well deserved, after playing for his country for so long and missing out on the last world cup, it is very fitting that he not only gets to play the whole world cup in 2015 but is man of the match in the winning final. I was so stoked for him after this.” another added:
A third commented: “Greatest flyhalf of all time!! My all time fav rugby player.”
- Fine list at amateur rugby club makes hilarious reading
- Rugby’s Ultimate Sh**house XV – Dirtiest Rugby Players
- Trim Manu Tuilagi looks in incredible shape ahead of new season
- Dean Richards first role since leaving Newcastle Falcons confirmed
- Saracens make shock swoop for former England and Harlequins star