Eddie Jones is set to drop Elliot Daly with Max Malins primed to start at fullback against France.
The 24-year-old has started for England in training this week ahead of France game, and could make his first start in place of Daly.
Malins, who can operate at full back or fly half, made his England debut against Georgia in November 2020 following a series of eye-catching displays for the Bears in the Gallagher Premiership and European Challenge Cup.
Malins was a try scorer as the Bears beat Toulon to win their first European silverware in October 2020.
Jones is also considering changes to galvanise England’s campaign against the tournament favourites.
Hooker Luke Cowan-Dickie, flanker Ben Earl and lock Charlie Ewels are also pushing for a place in the starting xv.
England team to play France: (CONFIRMED)
15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 6 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 49 caps)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 37 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 91 caps) (C)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 64 caps)
10. George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 75 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 107 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 65 caps)
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 29 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 42 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 46 caps)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 19 caps)
6. Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 21 caps)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 31 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 59 caps)
16. Jamie George (Saracens, 57 caps)
17. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 26 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 10 caps)
19. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 7 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 11 caps)
21. Dan Robson (Wasps, 10 caps)
22. Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, 4 caps)
23. Elliot Daly (Saracens, 50 caps)
All England Rugby content on RUCK.co.uk is brought to you by CRX Compression.
When is England v France?
Saturday, March 13.
What time is kick-off ?
The match will start at 4.45pm GMT.
What TV channel is it on – how can I watch live?
ITV will broadcast this fixture live,
England v France latest odds
England remain marginal favourites with the bookmakers despite only squeezing past a second-string France side in the Autumn Nations Cup final in December.
Sir Clive Woodward leaves Farrell and May out of his England XV
- 15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
- 14. Anthony Watson (Bath RFC)
- 11. Paolo Odogwu (Wasps)
- 13. Piers O’Conor (Bristol Bears)
- 12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)