Sam Simmonds could end up starting for the British & Irish Lions and not get recalled for England as Eddie Jones continues to give him the cold shoulder.
The 26-year-old continues to be excluded from Jones’ Six Nations Squad, a decision that left many pundits and supporters scratching their heads in recent weeks.
Simmonds, speaking to the Rugby Journal, has revealed the reason why he continues to be left out by the Aussie.
“He (Eddie) said, at the moment I don’t fit into his squad and how he sees me, and how I play for Exeter, doesn’t fit into his team.
“And, that is quite tough to take, but at least we get to play for Exeter Chiefs.”
- All Black legend Dan Carter ranks his five toughest opponents
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
Sir Clive Woodward leaves Farrell and May out of his England XV
- 15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
- 14. Anthony Watson (Bath RFC)
- 11. Paolo Odogwu (Wasps)
- 13. Piers O’Conor (Bristol Bears)
- 12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)