The England vs Scotland player ratings after Gregor Townsend’s men recorded a historic 11-6 victory in their Six Nations opener at Twickenham.
The visitors were imperious in the opening half hour, taking an early lead through a Finn Russell penalty. With Billy Vunipola sin-binned, powerhouse winger Duhan Van der Merwe drilled through the defiant England defence to open the try-scoring for the Scots.
Defending champions England clawed back six points through Owen Farrell and Russell’s charge was briefly halted by a yellow card.
But a resilient Scotland were undeterred and Russell slotted the winning kick after returning from the bin.
Scroll down for our England vs Scotland player ratings.
RUCK’S MAN OF THE MATCH:
- Most tackles: Jonny Hill (England) – 20
- Most missed tackles: Tom Curry, Billy Vunipola, Henry Slade (England) – 3
- Most carries: Matt Fagerson (Scotland) – 16
- Most metres: Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 69
- Most defenders beaten: Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 8
- Turnovers conceded: Jonny May (England) -3
England vs Scotland player ratings
England: Elliot Daly 5; Anthony Watson 5, Henry Slade 4, Ollie Lawrence 5, Jonny May 3; Owen Farrell (capt) 3, Ben Youngs 6; Ellis Genge 6, Jamie George 5, Will Stuart 8; Maro Itoje, Jonny Hill; Mark Wilson 7, Tom Curry 6, Billy Vunipola 6.
Replacements: Luke Cowan-Dickie 6, Beno Obano 5, Harry Williams 5, Courtney Lawes 6, Ben Earl 6, Dan Robson 5, George Ford 5, Max Malins 6
Scotland: Stuart Hogg (capt) 8; Sean Maitland 7, Chris Harris 7, Cameron Redpath 8, Duhan van der Merwe 6; Finn Russell 7, Ali Price 6; Rory Sutherland 6, George Turner 7, Zander Fagerson 7; Scott Cummings 6, Jonny Gray 8; Jamie Ritchie 8, Hamish Watson 9, Matt Fagerson 8
Replacements: David Cherry, Oli Kebble, Willem Nel, Richie Gray 6, Gary Graham 7, Scott Steele 6, Jaco van der Walt, Huw Jones 5
- Fans pick their sensational all-time Six Nations XV
- Nigel Owens ranks the five toughest players he had to referee
- England shadow squad: Who does Eddie Jones have in reserve?
- Six Nations stars who had normal jobs before becoming players
- LIST | 5 Premiership stars Eddie Jones should take a look at
2021 Six Nations top earners – every countries’ best-paid players
The 2021 Six Nations top earners have been revealed.
- CONOR MURRAY (Munster) – £565,000
- JOHNNY SEXTON (Leinster) – £536,000
- TADHG FURLONG (Leinster) – £530,000