France vs Wales player ratings as Alun Wyn jones was cruelly denied becoming the first player ever to win a Grand Slam in three different decades as his Wales side were upstaged by France.
Brice Dulin’s 81st-minute try in Paris sealed a dramatic 32-30 win for the hosts on Saturday night.
In an absorbing contest, the sides went in level at 17-all at half time with Romain Taofifenua and Antoine Dupont trading early tries with Dan Biggar and Josh Navidi.
Biggar kicked seven points in response to Matthieu Jalibert’s two goals and a Romain Ntamack penalty.
The temperature was turned up a notch in the second half as Josh Adams bagged a try on 50 minutes. Biggar converted between a pair of penalty goals.
Deapite Ntamack responding with a penalty of his own, Wales looked to be in command as they led 30-20 going into the final quarter.
Paul Willemse then saw red on 68 minutes for an alleged gouge following a referral to the TMO and the visitors looked to be on course for a Grand Slam.
But France had other ideas, despite being down to 13 men as Mohammed Haouas finished his spell in the sin bin.
The home side set up a dramatic finale after Ntamack converted Charles Ollivon’s score on 77 minutes to make it 30-27.
Dulin then broke Welsh hearts with the last play of the game, and kept their hopes of claiming the 2021 Six Nations title alive.
All eyes will now be on next week – France will win the six Nations title with a bonus point win by 14 points or more over Scotland on Friday night, 8pm kick off at the Stade de France.
Scroll down for the France vs Wales player ratings.
- Tries: Romain Taofifenua 6, Antoine Dupont 14, Charles Ollivon 77, Brice Dulin 81
- Cons: Mathieu Jalibert 7,15, Romain Ntamack 77
- Pens: Romain Ntamack 34,54
- Tries: Dan Biggar 12, Josh Navidi, 18, Josh Adams 50
- Cons: Dan Biggar 12,20,51
- Pens: Dan Biggar 25,46,58
All Wales Rugby content on RUCK.co.uk is powered by CRX Compression.
- Most tackles: Alun Wyn Jones (Wales) – 22
- Missed tackles: Gareth Davies (Wales) – 5
- Most carries: Taulupe Faletau (Wales) – 16
- Defenders beaten: Brice Dulin (France) – 11
- Most metres: Brice Dulin (France) – 84
- Turnovers conceded: Liam Williams (Wales) -2
- 5 players who failed their final Lions audition in Dublin
- Ellis Genge could be in hot water after incident against Ireland
- Daly 4, Ford 5: Ireland vs England player ratings
- Bundee Aki red card: Centre sent off for hit on Billy Vunipola
France vs Wales player ratings:
France: Brice Dulin 8, Teddy Thomas 4, Virimi Vakatawa 7, Gaël Fickou 6, Damian Penaud 6, Matthieu Jalibert 6, Antoine Dupont 8, Cyril Baille 6, Julien Marchand 6, Mohamed Haouas 5, Romain Taofifenua 7, Paul Willemse 5, Dylan Cretin 7, Charles Ollivon 8, Grégory Alldritt 9
Wales: Liam Williams 6, Louis Rees-Zammit 8, George North 7, Jonathan Davies 6, Josh Adams 7, Dan Biggar 9, Gareth Davies 7, Wyn Jones 6, Ken Owens 7, Tomas Francis 6, Adam Beard 6, Alun Wyn Jones – 8, Josh Navidi, 7 7, Justin Tipuric 7, Taulupe Faletau 7