Sanctioning the lower limb clear-out: Penalising players who target/drop their weight onto the lower limbs of a jackler – the sanction will be a penalty kick
Tightening law relating to latching: One-player latch to be permitted, but this player has the same responsibilities as a first arriving player (i.e. must stay on feet, enter through gate and not fall to floor) – the sanction will be a penalty kick
For full details of the law trials click here
A panel of World Rugby Independent Concussion Consultants (ICC) will be also introduced into the Premiership to provide independent expert opinion on whether a player should return to play following a confirmed concussion and the successful completion of the six-stage Graduated Return to Play process for elite competitions.
From this season it will be mandatory for Premiership teams – in all competitions – to seek an ICC review if either, return to play is expected within or on the 10th day or reflecting the sport’s focus on an individualised approach to concussion management, a player is deemed as higher risk irrespective of the time taken to return.
For full details of the introduction of Independent Concussion Consultants click here
- Henry Slade the latest Exeter star linked with shock exit
- Owen Farrell ranks his four all-time greats
- Jonny Wilkinson picks all-time HOLLYWOOD film star rugby XV
- TRANSFER: Leicester Tigers sign forward Cowan-Dickie
- 9/11 Hero And Rugby Player Mark Bingham Leaves Lasting Legacy
- Exiled England star George Kruis set for Premiership return