Sale Sharks have confirmed that following discussions with Denny Solomona, the 28-year-old winger has left the club with immediate effect.
Their statement read: “Denny, who joined the club in 2016 after retiring from rugby league, signed a four-year contract in 2018 which was due to expire at the end of the current season.
“But after discussions with Sharks Director of Rugby Alex Sanderson and CEO Sid Sutton, all parties have agreed to terminate that deal early after Solomona expressed his desire to return to the southern hemisphere.”
“Everyone at Sale Sharks wishes Denny all the very best for the future.”
Commenting on the announcement Alex Sanderson said: “I’d like to thank Denny for his efforts during my time at the club and wish him all the very best for the rest of his career and beyond.
Solomona’s career started in New Zealand, where he earned his first professional sporting contract at the age of 15. Denny moved to the UK in 2014, joining Super League outfit London Broncos before moving to Castleford and in 2016 where he broke the Super League record scoring 42 tries for Castleford Tigers in his first season.
Following his retirement from Rugby League Denny joined the Sharks in 2016 scoring 47 tries in 98 appearances for the club.
- Sonny Bill Williams picks out best three rugby players he played alongside
- CONFIRMED: Exeter Chiefs WILL drop their logo following pressure
- “A fabulous player” – Paul O’Connell ranks his three toughest opponents
- Rassie Erasmus’ brilliant tweet to Wallabies boss Dave Rennie
- Eddie Jones explains why Maro Itoje WON’T be England captain anytime soon
- 5 Weirdest England Call-Ups in history have been named
LIST: 5 former England stars who could now swap nations
#1. Alex Lozowski (England to Italy)
- Age: 28
- Position: Fly-half, Centre, Wing, Fullback
- Current number of caps: 5
- Last cap: November, 2018
- Did you know? Lozowski is the son of Rob Lozowski and was a sporting allrounder in his teenage years, playing not only rugby for the Wasps academy but also football for the Chelsea academy
He is reportedly still holding out hope of adding to his five England caps despite no recent soundings from coach Eddie Jones. The Mail Online have reported that Italy have not been in contact with 28-year-old, although we doubt it will be long until they do.