Joe Marler has sent a blunt tweet to England hooker Luke Cowan-Dickie following his costly sin-binning against Scotland at Murrayfield on Saturday.
The Exeter star deliberately knocked the ball into touch, preventing Scotland wing Darcy Graham getting on the end of a 66th-minute Finn Russell cross-kick.
England’s 17-10 lead was wiped out and, with Cowan-Dickie in the sin bin, Russell kicked a game-winning penalty.
Cowan-Dickie wrote on Twitter: “Just want to apologise to all you supporters for today. I let myself and you guys down. Every time I play for my country I want nothing more than to make you guys proud. Thanks for all the support. Looking forward to bouncing back next week!”
This is where Marler, who took possibly the worst line-out throw in rugby history due to Cowan-Dickie being on the naughty chair, chimed in.
Marler wrote: “Helmet – you ruined my 100% throwing in record!!!”
- Scotland v England player ratings: 2022 Six Nations
- 4 players England must drop after Scotland loss – and who should replace them
- 5 stars who underperformed in round one of the 2022 Six Nations
- WATCH: Joe Marler throws possibly the worst line-out of all-time
- Ireland v Wales player ratings: 2022 Six Nations
- “My idol” – Maro Itoje names his rugby dream team
Joe Marler picks his dream team with one cheeky selection
1. Tony Woodcock (New Zealand)
2. Rory Best (Ireland)
3. Carl Hayman (New Zealand)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
5. Paul O’Connell (Ireland)