James Haskell was always destined for big things once his playing days were over.
The 35-year-old’s personality shone through during his career, which included stints in Japan and France, 77 England caps, and two memorable spells at Wasps.
Since his retirement from playing in 2019, he has dabbled in MMA, appeared in I’m a Celebrity…, become a star on the ‘House of Rugby’ podcast and achieved a Sunday Times bestseller with his autobiography: ‘What a Flanker’.
But he has always had a love of music and has played to audiences of up to 5,000 people across Europe over the past seven years – you can find regular live DJ sets from the man himself on jameshaskell.com.
The Coronavirus lockdown has allowed him the chance to indulge in music production and now, fresh from signing a record deal, the former flanker has released his first track.
Check it out on your usual streaming platforms or have a listen on YouTube here:
- The Lions pack Shaun Edwards would pick
- Dan Carter ranks his FIVE favourite fly-halves
- 5 internationals who come from rugby families
- Ugo Monye leaves Curry and Farrell out of his Lions XV
James Haskell’s dream XV
1. Tim Payne – One of the most hard-working props there has been. Just a complete team man in the way that he plays the game and a very strong scrummager.
2. Trevor Leota – Easily the best hooker I’ve played with. He had the complete skill-set and he put in some of the biggest hits I’ve seen.
3. Paul Doran Jones – I’ve got to go for my old mate Paul. Another very good scrummager, and surprisingly he’s in pretty good shape for a prop – there aren’t many with a six pack but he’s one of them.
4. Simon Shaw – Shawsy is one of the best I’ve played with. A fantastic pro with great hands and great aerial prowess – and a great bloke as well.
5. Chris Jack – A world class lock who would make an ideal partnership with Shawsy. He has ability like no other lock I’ve seen.