Marcus Smith’s last-minute try saw 14-man Harlequins beat London Irish 25-21 in an ill-tempered match.
The 22-year-old had the final say as the fly-half superbly kicked a penalty to the corner and skipped past five Irish defenders to score the winner from the resulting line-out.
- The 5 best England players who were denied the ultimate rugby honour
- Jonny Hill compared to Lionel Messi after monster touch finder
- The five players Woodward CUT from his World Cup-winning squad
- Sir Ian McGeechan picks his five Lions bolters
- Owen Farrell gets away with ‘horror’ tackle against Doncaster
Eddie Jones reveals his four possible replacements for Owen Farrell
- Age: 22
- Club: Harlequins
Smith’s rapid rise shows no signs of slowing down – it took barely a year for him to go from captaining Brighton College in an unbeaten season to involvement in the senior England squad. The Harlequins star, who balances flair with good game management, looks like the obvious choice to be Eddie Jones next number 10.
DID YOU KNOW? Marcus became the second-youngest Premiership debutant in history, behind George Ford, when making his Harlequins bow against London Irish aged 18 years and 200 days in September 2017