A clip has surfaced online of Scotland prop Zander Fagerson making contact with the eyes of Wallabies captain Michael Hooper.
The Scots edged a taut contest 15-13 to claim a third consecutive victory over Australia and continue their winning start to the Autumn Nations Series.
However, on a sour note, this pretty damning clip of Fagerson has since surfaced online with fans baffled that it wasn’t looked at.
A Scotland supporter said: “Doesn’t look good for Fagerson, only mitigation I can find for him is that it seems to be more reckless contact with the face, rather than intentional contact with the eyes!”
One fan wrote: “Can’t believe TMO didn’t look at this. Maybe thought we was helping with his contact lenses.”
Another added: “It’s the classic move of the local production crew. Don’t replay you own team’s foul play on the big screen. Relentlessly play the opposing team’s foul play to make the crowd boo until the ref notices it. This is the real home ground advantage.”
Some other fan weighed in: “He ripped his hand away as well, wasn’t just a gouge, nasty stuff and extremely lucky to have got away with it.”
- RECALL: George Ford set to rejoin England squad tomorrow
- “Sexton one of the best” – Jonny Wilkinson ranks his top five fly-halves
- The greatest rugby XV that ever lived: Three England players selected
- ‘Get the f— down!’ – Three brilliant stories from James Haskell’s new book
- Revised England team with captain Owen Farrell set to be ruled out
- “Quicker than me” – Jason Robinson reveals England’s fastest ever player