Popular rugby referee Nigel Owens has gone viral for his cheeky response to a Six Nations fan who didn’t like his opinion on Jonny May’s Superman-like try.
One fan didn’t agree with the Welshmans’ verdict, tweeting: “This is why you’ve always been a w**k ref”.
Nigel Owens soon responded by saying: “It’s a shame your father didn’t have a w**k instead.”
He then added: “Not only do we have a responsibility in what we say, we sometimes have more of a one if we stand by and say nothing.”
- Eddie Jones five ‘most disappointing’ England call-ups
- Nigel Owens slams Owen Farrell-like behaviour in rugby
- Four possible back-row replacements for injured Jack Willis
- 5 Lions hopefuls who failed to impress yesterday
- Vunipola explains why he won’t take knee during Six Nations
Retiring Nigel Owens selects the FIVE best players he refereed
1. Sergio Parisse (Italy)
“I’ve been fortunate to have refereed some tremendous No.8s during my career but Sergio is tops. He’s such a talented player and rarely has a bad game.”