England legend Phil Vickery, who won 73 caps between 1998-2010, has picked his all-time dream team – and it’s as impressive as you’d expect.
Take a look at wh Vickery has picked in his all-time Dream Team below
DID YOU KNOW? Given the nickname “Raging Bull”, he played in three Rugby World Cups, including as England captain in the 2007 tournament, and toured Australia and South Africa with the British and Irish Lions.
1. Christian Califano – I watched him as a lad and he took front row play to a new level. His ball play was excellent and facing him was always a challenge.
2. Keith Wood – A bit of a kamikaze hooker so it was as difficult playing with him for the Lions as it was to play against him! But his work rate and carrying ability were phenomenal.
3. Martin Castrogiovanni – An awesome beast who is just an excellent ball carrier and still a great player.
4. Martin Johnson – A big hulk of a man, fearless and passionate and one of the best captains I ever played for – he just had the right brain for it. The way he put his body on the line was immense.
5. Ian Jones – He didn’t like the gym but he was the size of a hippo. He feared nobody on the field but off of it he would smile and shake your hand. It was so good to play alongside him at Gloucester.