It’s been widely reported this morning that former England number 8 Nathan Hughes will leave Bath with immediate effect after being recalled from his loan by Bristol Bears.
The 22-cap international hit the ground running at the Rec, but his time at the Rec is reportedly over after just five appearances.
Bears boss Pat Lam, who is currently suffering an injury crisis in the back-row, said: “We are looking at both Max (Green) being available and Nathan [Hughes] being available as well.
“Nathan is not too far from coming back after these two injuries.
“The most important thing is to have Nate playing, potentially he will be playing next week for either side.”
- Jones aims dig at referee and World Rugby after Ireland defeat
- Owens shocked by response to Charlie Ewels red card
- The four changes Eddie Jones should make to his XV for France
- Serial pitch invader absolutely smashed by steward at Twickenham
- First England player swaps nations after being named in USA squad
FIVE ENGLAND PLAYERS WHO CAN SWAP COUNTRIES:
#1. Alex Lozowski (England to Italy)
- Age: 28
- Position: Fly-half, Centre, Wing, Fullback
- Current number of caps: 5
- Last cap: November, 2018
- Did you know? Lozowski is the son of Rob Lozowski and was a sporting allrounder in his teenage years, playing not only rugby for the Wasps academy but also football for the Chelsea academy
He is reportedly still holding out hope of adding to his five England caps despite no recent soundings from coach Eddie Jones. The Mail Online have reported that Italy have not been in contact with 28-year-old, although we doubt it will be long until they do.