Saracens boss Mark McCall has revealed that Maro Itoje isn’t an injury doubt and will play for Saracens this weekend.
The 26-year-old was forced off early in the second half last Sunday at Bath, worryingly clutching his shoulder.
Despite being concerned post-match, McCall revealed today that: “He is fine,”
“It’s a very minor shoulder injury and it is not a problem.
“He will play this weekend. He was good (against Bath).
“It is always difficult when you haven’t played in a while and it is your first game of the season but as first games of the season go, I thought he was good.”
- Eddie Jones confirms replacement for injured Anthony Watson
- 5 pairs of rugby players who have personal rivalries
- CONFIRMED: South Africa squad for Autumn Nations Series
- Rob Baxter’s 4 Worst Exeter Chiefs Signings Of All Time
- 5 star rugby players who will miss the Autumn Nations Series
“I don’t even want to give them a compliment” – Maro Itoje picks his three toughest opponent
#3. Charles Piutau
Itoje said: ”For me it’s always those quick guys you can’t quite get a hold of that give me the most trouble for sure. I’m not sure if I’ve played him this year but Piutau is a real handful.”