The Six Nations has confirmed no citing for England prop Ellis Genge for his incident with Johnny Sexton in Dublin.
The clip of the incident quickly went viral on Saturday evening as Genge can be seen aggressively thrusting his elbow into Sexton’s head and neck area over and over.
However, the Six Nations say an incident has to be worthy of a red card for a citing to be triggered.
ELLIS GENGE INCIDENT:
For his part, the Ireland captain asked referee Mathieu Raynal to review the incident with the TMO but he was subsequently denied.
DID YOU KNOW? Ellis Genge is known for his aggressive ball carrying. He is nicknamed “Baby Rhino” by the Rugby community.
- 5 players who failed their final Lions audition in Dublin
- LIST: 5 highest paid head coaches in world rugby
- Warburton names 6 England stars in his Lions XV
- Bundee Aki red card: Centre sent off for hit on Billy Vunipola
Fans pick the England XV they want to see moving forward
- 15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
- 14. Anthony Watson (Bath RFC)
- 11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby)
- 13. Paolo Odogwu (Wasps)
- 12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)