Owen Farrell will re-join the England squad at Pennyhill Park later today.
Farrell returned a positive test result from a COVID PCR test (taken on Thursday morning) and immediately went into self-isolation.
The sample was reviewed by the lab and determined as a false positive test on Saturday morning and subsequently accepted by NHS Test and Trace today, in line with advice given by UK Health Security Agency.
His subsequent PCRs have also been negative and therefore he has been released from self-isolation.
The England squad are preparing for their next Test match against Australia [Saturday 13 November, 5.30pm KO].
- Sir Clive Woodward picks his England XV for Australia clash
- Eddie Jones finally issues Owen Farrell update after Tonga win
- LIST: 20 celebrities who are crazy about rugby union
- Wales game pitch invader costs hosts a try against Springboks
- England vs Tonga player ratings: Autumn Nations Series
Sunday’s Transfer Round-Up
RUMOUR: Exeter Chiefs second-row Sam Skinner has been put top of the shopping list of a pair of Premiership clubs according to the latest reports. FULL STORY
AVAILABLE: Montpellier boss Philippe Saint-André has responded to reports that England and Leicester Tigers fly-half George Ford could join Montpellier next summer. FULL STORY
RUMOUR: Bristol Bears boss Pat Lam is interested in bringing Mako Vunipola to Ashton Gate, according to The Rugby Paper. FULL STORY