#1. Charles Piutau (New Zealand/Bristol Bears) – £1m
Retaining his place as rugby’s joint-equal top-earner, former All Blacks utility back Charles Piutau – who remains on the radar of Tonga in a what would be a massive international eligibility switch – became the sport’s first million-pound player when he joined the Bristol Bears in 2017.
- Shawn Edwards selects incredible dream pack
- England to face Antoine Dupont AGAIN before Australia tour
- Sale Sharks issue disappointing injury update on Tom Curry
- Wales now a ‘third tier’ country as they tumble down world rankings
- Brilliantly awkward clip of Shaun Edwards and Sir Clive Woodward goes viral