All Blacks lock Brodie Retallick seems poised to sign a £1m deal to play for Sale Sharks in the English Premiership Rugby competition after this year’s World Cup.
Reports suggest the club is close to securing the towering second-rower, after its efforts to contract England international Joe Launchbury stalled.
The 27-year-old was named Chiefs co-captain for the upcoming Super Rugby season, but if those reports are correct, he will join the exodus overseas after the All Blacks defend their world crown in Japan during September/October.
- Updated World Rankings: England move up
- Round 1: Six Nations team of the week
- 5 players who disappointed in Round 1 of the 6 Nations
- England thrash Ireland: Here’s how social media reacted…
- EVERY Six Nations Participants Highest Paid Player
He is widely regarded as the best lock in world rugby and was named World Rugby Player of the Year in 2014. His end-to-end effort for New Zealand against Australia last year was also voted International Rugby Players Try of the Year.
Other All Blacks already linked to foreign clubs include Ben Smith, Kieran Read, Sam Whitelock, Aaron Smith, Beauden Barrett and Nehe Milner-Skudder.