1. Jonny Wilkinson (2001)
The second test against Australia, on 7 July, saw the Lions lose 35–14 at the Docklands Stadium.
Wilkinson was blamed by many for throwing a long pass inside his 22 that was intercepted by Joe Roff: this was seen as the turning point not only in the match, but the test series.
During the match, Wilkinson injured his leg and was stretchered off the pitch. The injury was thought to be particularly serious, but he made a full recovery before the Third and final test on 14 July.
- Lions 2021 squad revealed: Warren Gatland picks his 37 players
- Social media reaction as Warren Gatland names his Lions squad
- Alternative Lions squad: The 37 players who missed out
- “The best captain I ever had” – Warren Gatland ranks his 5 best Lions
- ‘I was very unpopular with a farmer,’- 5 infamous Lions tour stories