Cardiff Blues wing Owen Lane has been called into Wales’s World Cup squad as replacement for injured back-row forward Josh Navidi.
The 21-year-old made his Test debut during Wales’s World Cup warm-up games, scoring a try against Ireland in Cardiff.
A blow for Wales 😫— ITV Rugby (@ITVRugby) October 21, 2019
Warren Gatland confirms Josh Navidi has been ruled out for the rest of the World Cup because of a hamstring injury 👎
Who should be his replacement? pic.twitter.com/dkRutu6R1u
The Welsh Rugby Union confirmed that Lane is on his way to Japan, with Navidi sidelined for the remainder of the tournament due to a hamstring injury. Lane will arrive in Tokyo later on Tuesday.
Wales face semi-final opponents South Africa in Yokohama on Sunday.
- Female prop reaches Miss GB finals
- The worst England XV of all-time
- LIST: 8 Great Rugby World Cup WAGs
- 5 fastest players at Rugby World Cup
- RANKED: Foreign-Born Players at the RWC
- Brilliant nicknames of the England World Cup squad