What is Rugby X? The first event – featuring men and women – has been confirmed for 29 October 2019 at London’s iconic 02 Arena.
The five-a-side format is described as “fast and furious”, while retaining rugby’s “core principles”.
“It will bring new players and supporters into the sport,” sau=id former England a Fiji sevens coach Ben Ryan.
“I see it as a really exciting variation on the game.”
What is Rugby X?
- a 5-a-side game played on a smaller pitch without posts
- an emphasis on skill over power
- launch event to take place during the latter stages of the Rugby World Cup
- teams will be comprised of mainly international 7s players
- to be shown on terrestrial television at peak hours
- some international stars whose teams have been knocked out of the World Cup may be involved