England captain Owen Farrell told his teammates they had become a ‘special team’ in the immediate aftermath of their World Cup final defeat against South Africa
Afterwards, the Saracens star gathered his teammates in a huddle and told them ‘this has become a special team’.
Head coach Eddie Jones admitted it was always going to be hard to find a way back into the contest, particularly after Kyle Sinckler was forced off early with a concussion.
He said: ‘We just couldn’t get on the front foot. We were dominated in the scrum particularly in the first 50 minutes.
‘When you’re in a tight, penalty-driven riven game, its difficult to get any sort of advantage.’
- LIST: 8 Great Rugby World Cup WAGs
- 5 fastest players at Rugby World Cup
- RANKED: Foreign-Born Players at the RWC
- Brilliant nicknames of the England World Cup squad
- Rugby players who overcame disabilities