Joe Marler got into a bit of a Twitter feud with celebrity Harlequins superfan Michael Roux Jr after the famous chef said he hoped the club would sign Ellis Genge.
The current Leicester captain, who plays in the same position as Marler, confirmed yesterday that he won’t be extending his contract at Welford Road.
Roux Jr tweeted: “Would look good (Genge) in the famous quarters.”
Marler responded: “You judas! Can someone take the chef knife out my back please……..”
This is where former England captain Will Carling weighed in, tweeting: “It’s true though Joe, he has a style and swagger that would fit South West London”
But Marler quickly responded: “Wind your neck in Carling!”
- Ellis Genge’s next club set to be confirmed
- The Other Jobs Of Five England Rugby Internationals
- Top 5 most controversial refereeing decisions in rugby history
- Happy Pubmas! Five great pubs owned by rugby stars
- Bath confirms new head coach following awful run
The 10 fastest rugby players of all-time revealed
10. ADAM RADWAN – England – 10.72 SECONDS (100M)
He has been clocked at an astonishing maximum speed of 11.2 metres per seconds.
9. JONAH LOMU – NZ – 10.70 SECONDS (100M)
Will Carling famously labelled Lomu a ‘freak’ after his four-try show in 1995, and for a man of such bulkk, it’s remarkable he was clocked at 10.7 sec 100m time. Lomu could ‘gas’ opponents as much as steamroller them and his first of two tries against France in the 1999 World Cup semi, and many of his Counties Manukau scores showed he had more than enough top-end pace for a wide-man.