Sydney Junior Rugby Union has defended its decision to prevent an 11-year-old boy from playing in a sevens tournament.
He wasn’t allowed to play because he is too big to play with children his own age.
“Sorry for posting this Leo, but at the end of the day you are still A KID and CRYING because you don’t fully understand what is going on and why you cannot play is ALLOWED – 11 years old,” she wrote.
“Just before the whistle blew an official from Waratahs approached us to say the ‘big kid’ can’t play no more.”
- 20 Players Who Looked So Different In Their Youth
- INSPIRING | Rugby players who overcame disabilities
- Ranked! The experience at every Premiership ground
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- 20 things we miss about rugby in the 90s
“Love you heaps Leo, you are a great player and even better human full of amazing opportunities that will come later on in life – Australia will kick themselves when you play against them [with the] All Blacks.”