BAD NEWS: England star Jack Nowell suffers fresh setback
Jack Nowell’s World Cup hopes have suffered yet another setback after he was forced to have his appendix removed at England’s training camp in Treviso.
The speedster spent four nights in hospital after first experiencing pain upon arrival in north east Italy last Wednesday.
— Irish Examiner Sport (@ExaminerSport) September 2, 2019
An operation was completed that same night and he was released on Sunday to continue his recovery.
“Jack was sick. He had appendicitis and came out of hospital yesterday. He’s nice and hungry! He’s in good spirits and is back running,” defence coach John Mitchell said.
“It’s a sickness that you can’t deal with too much and you lose a bit of weight, but we back Jack. It’s about being supportive and making sure he gets healthy.
“His general ankle progression is in line with where he needs to be. He’s right on target for us. I don’t know how much weight he’s lost but he looks lean.”
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…