Warren Gatland, has announced the British & Irish Lions 2021 coaching team for the Tour to South Africa.
Gregor Townsend (Scotland), Robin McBryde (Leinster Rugby), Steve Tandy (Scotland) and Neil Jenkins (Wales) will assist Gatland for the Tour to the home of reigning world champions, the Springboks, as well as the pre-Tour Test match against Japan at BT Murrayfield on Saturday 26 June for the Vodafone Lions 1888 Cup.
“I am very pleased to have assembled such a high-quality coaching team,” said Gatland.
“It’s a really strong group and I’m excited to see what we can achieve together – I think we’ll all complement each other well in South Africa.
“A Lions Tour is a unique challenge, so it’s important to have some continuity in the coaching group. Neil understands the exceptional demands that only a Lions Tour can present, and we will benefit from his knowledge and experience.
British & Irish Lions 2021 coaching team:
- Head coach: Warren Gatland
- Attack coach: Gregor Townsend
- Forwards coach: Robin McBryde
- Defence coach: Steve Tandy
- Kicking coach: Neil Jenkins
- How Warren Gatland’s Lions squad looks with a month to go…
- Nigel Owens reveals his five FAVOURITE players to referee
- The Worst British & Irish Lions Players Have Been Ranked…
- Jason Leonard selects drinking XV to save the pub
- Shane Williams reveals his dream back-three trios
LIST: 11 players Warren Gatland described as ‘definites’ Lions in 2019
- Josh Adams (Wales)
- Aaron Wainwright (Wales)
- Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)