England head coach Eddie Jones says Sir Clive Woodward’s belief that rugby is becoming ‘boring’ due to the amount of kicking is disrespectful.
The former England boss branded international rugby boring after last weekend’s round of the Autumn Nations Cup.
Jones is busy preparing England for their Autumn Nations Cup final against France – a game that is viewed as a giant mismatch.
“Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don’t think rugby is ever boring,” said Jones, who was speaking to Sky Sports.
- All Black legend Dan Carter ranks his five toughest opponents
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
“Rugby is a fantastic sport and for him to say that is disrespectful to the player and disrespectful to the sport.
“The game is played in a number of different ways. I remember playing against England under Woodward where we were mauled for 50 yards.
“I’m sure it wasn’t boring then.”
WORLD-CLASS | Eddie Jones dream team a bit of a surprise
- 15. Anthony Watson (England)
- 14. Bryan Habana (South Africa)
- 11. Lote Tuqiri (Australia)
- 13. Stirling Mortlock (Australia)
- 12. Manu Tuilagi (England)