Springbok and Montpellier flyhalf Handre Pollard is set for an imminent move to Gallagher English Premiership, according to reports.
The fly-half will become a Leicester Tigers player, replacing the departing George Ford, by the end of this week if reports in his native South Africa prove accurate.
He’s accepted a contract worth £600k per season, which is considerably less than the £1m he currently earns playing in the Top 14. The contract is believed to be for two years with an option of a third.
However, Pollard was reportedly impressed by the clubs ambition and vision after a meeting with Tigers officials.
Bath had also shown interest in the playmaker, but Pollard wasn’t interested in a move to the Rec and turned down their approach.
- LIST: 5 retired rugby stars who are in better shape than ever!
- Dan Carter asked to pick his dream XV – includes four Six Nations legends
- Five small changes that would make rugby immediately better
- World Rugby introduces radical law changes, including weight-banded matches
- Dylan Hartley threatened with ‘legal action’ over comments at the weekend
Fans have selected the greatest rugby XV to ever live – and it’s class
- 15. Serge Blanco (France)
- 14. Jonah Lomu (New Zealand)
- 11. David Campese (Australia)
Did you know? In September 2009, Lomu took part in an amateur bodybuilding contest, finishing second in two categories
Honourable mentions: Bryan Habana (South Africa), Doug Howlett (New Zealand), Shane Williams (Wales), Jason Robinson (England), JPR Williams (Wales)
- 13. Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland)
- 12. Tim Horan (Australia)
Did you know? O’Driscoll was chosen as Player of the Tournament in the 2006, 2007 and 2009 RBS Six Nations Championships.
Honourable mentions: Jeremy Guscott (England), Will Greenwood (England), Frank Bunce (New Zealand), Phillipe Sella (France), Sonny Bill Williams (New Zealand), Brian Lima (Samoa)