The United Rugby Championship has come under fire for appearing to mock a player who was knocked out over the weekend.
Aled Summerhill, who was knocked out in the incident, tweeted: “Really didn’t think head injuries were something to joke about with all that’s going on with it within the sport, there we are then URC Official.”
In a statement, the league said: “We’d like to apologise unreservedly to Aled, his family & club for this post. Injuries are not to be made light of & our oversight processes around publishing wasn’t good enough. The original post has been removed & we will take immediate action ensuring this never occurs again.
“We recognise that the content was not in line with our values. Apologies to Aled again and we hope you have a speedy recovery!
- Top 5 highest paid Premiership stars as Marcus Smith eyes mega-money
- RFU ‘living in cloud cuckoo land’ blasts Lawrence Dallaglio
- Saracens give update on injured England captain Owen Farrell
- Nigel Owens picks his team of the 2022 Six Nations
- “Simply the best” – Shawn Edwards selects incredible dream pack