Leicester Tigers have let go the club’s youngest-ever Gallagher Premiership player amongst their full list of released players.
Speaking about the Class of 2021, Leicester Tigers Head Coach Steve Borthwick said: “First and foremost, I want to thank each individual for their contribution to Leicester Tigers.
“I am grateful to all of those players, coaches and staff who have contributed to what we are building at this club and thank them for their efforts and support in the early stages of the journey we are on at Tigers.
“As well as thanking them, on behalf of everybody involved at this club, I wish them well in what comes next in their careers.”
FULL LIST OF DEPARTURES:
1. Ben White – The youngest player to appear for the club in the Premiership, he was only 17 years and 151 days when he played against Harlequins in September 2016. Now 23, he has only made nine appearances this season after 26 in the two previous campaigns. Will reportedly sign with London Irish.
2. Joaquin Diaz Bonilla – Tigers signed the Argentina international fly-half ahead of the 2020/21 season. Known as ‘Tito’, Bonilla made his debut for Los Pumas in 2018 after previously representing Argentina at Under-20 level.
3. Ryan Bower – A Leicester Tigers academy graduate before playing more than 100 games for Worcester Warriors, prop Ryan Bower returned to Welford Road in August 2020, ready for the resumption of the season hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Daryl Marfo – The Scotland international only signed a short-term deal with the Tigers back in February. Marfo, who left Edinburgh in December 2019, has had previous spells in the Gallagher Premiership with Harlequins and Bath.
5. Jordan Coghlan – The back-rower joined Leicester Tigers in the summer of 2019 after two seasons with Nottingham in Championship rugby.
6. Sam Lewis – He was capped by England at Under-18 level and graduated from the Tigers academy to join the development squad in 2016/17, making his first appearance at Premiership ‘A’ League level at the start of the campaign.