Wales may not be able to play rugby at the Principality Stadium for up to a year because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to reports.
Medics have been told they could be required to work at the 2,000-bed Dragon’s Heart Hospital, which opened on April 20 and has admitted its first patient, for up to 12 months.
“One would be getting back to play at the stadium, if available,” said Wayne Pivac, before pointing out: “The hospital could [still] be there if there was a second wave of the virus.
“We’re not sure of the timings and we’re all up in the air. If the hospital is still there and we are back playing behind closed doors we could be at another venue.”
The WRU are already exploring the possibility of having to take Wales on the road for those autumn matches and WalesOnline has reported the ground may not be available for the 2021 Six Nations, if it were to take place in its usual February/March window.
- Shane Williams reveals his ultimate back-three trio
- Premiership Players Out Of Contract At End Of Season
- British & Irish Lions predicted 2021 starting XV
- 5 England players who could swap nations for 2023
- The 5 fastest England players of all-time
Wales previously played at the old Wembley back in 2000 and the new one is thought to be one of the options being explored. This is the biggest stadium they could possible relocate too.
Closer to home, they’re looking at Rodney Parade, Stadiwm Zip World and Parc y Scarlets have all been looked at.
Other football grounds, such as the Liberty or Cardiff City Stadium, are also reportedly being looked at..