England flanker Sam Underhill returned home from England’s pre-Six Nations camp with a hip injury earlier this month.
Bath boss Stuart Hooper has revealed he could be in contention for England’s clashes with France and Wales if called upon by Eddie Jones.
On Sam Underhill, Hooper said: “He is back on his feet and running around, as in he is doing his rehab training so he is weeks away as well.
“I guess the complication with that one is where he goes back to. I am not sure.
“My view is we are rehabbing him to get fit to play for Bath and then if Eddie Jones sees fit to call him up beyond that it is his call.
“He is a Bath player, but he is part of the EPS, so if England want to call him up they can call him up. But he is working with our guys [medical team] obviously in conjunction with England, and working to get himself back fit ASAP.”
DID YOU KNOW? Sam Underhill studied Politics and Economics at the University of Bath
- All Black legend Dan Carter ranks his five toughest opponents
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
5,000 fans pick the England XV they’d like to see face Wales
- 15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
- 14. Jonny May (Gloucester)
- 11. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
- 13. Paolo Odogwu (Wasps)
- 12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)