Rugby’s biggest free agent Danny Cipriani has shot down a suggestion that he could be rejoining old club Wasps in the near future.
The fly-half, who left Gloucester by mutual consent in December, shared old pictures of himself starring for Wasps on his main feed and story on his Instagram.
With Lima Sopoaga moves to Lyon thought to be close to completion, the black and golds will have significant budget to recruit in the summer.
This led to supporters suggesting he could be returning to the Ricoh, but Cipriani has responded to fans by saying: “it isn’t a hint. Just an old shot.”
The Rugby Paper has reported that the 33-year-old, who is currently training one-to-one with Jonny Wilkinson, will not return to rugby until next season with a Premiership club favoured over a move abroad.
- All Black legend Dan Carter ranks his five toughest opponents
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
According to the Sky Sports report, Dean Richards’ Newcastle are interested. The Falcons interest was first reported in an exclusive report from RUCK.
Premiership rivals Bath were also reportedly in talks, but have pulled out according to Ben Coles’ from The Telegraph. However, they may come back in for CIpriani in the summer.
In France, Top 14 giant Clermont, who have been linked with Cipriani in the past when he left Wasps. are also in the hunt.
5,000 fans pick the England XV they’d like to see face Wales
- 15. Max Malins (Bristol Bears)
- 14. Jonny May (Gloucester)
- 11. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
- 13. Paolo Odogwu (Wasps)
- 12. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)