The Scotland vs Italy player ratings as Gregor Townsend’s men picked up their second win of the 2021 Guinness Six Nations.
Gregor Townsend’s men romped to a record-breaking 52-10 win against the Italians, scoring an emphatic eight tries at Murrayfield.
Italy captain Luca Bigi give the visitors a shock early lead, but tries from David Cherry, Duhan van der Merwe, Darcy Graham and Huw Jones wrapped up the bonus-point and put the hosts 24-10 ahead at the break.
The Scots only moved further clear after the restart with hooker Cherry grabbing his second before Scott Steele and Sam Johnson added further scores.
Powerhouse van der Merwe then scored his second and Scotland’s eighth late on to put the icing on the cake of a dominant win.
Scroll down for the Scotland vs Italy player ratings.
SCOTLAND – 52:
- Tries: David Cherry 11,44, Duhan van der Merwe 14,70, Darcy Graham 21, Huw Jones 28, Scott Steele 53
- Cons: Stuart Hogg 14,29,46,54,65,70
ITALY – 10:
- Tries: Luca Bigi 6
- Cons: Paolo Garbisi 7
- Pens: Paolo Garbisi 17
All Scotland rugby content on RUCK is powered by Loch Lomond Whiskies!
- Most tackles: Niccolo Cannone (Italy) – 25
- Missed tackles: Juan Ignacio Brex (Italy) – 7
- Most carries: Hamish Watson (Scotland) – 21
- Defenders beaten: Duhan van der Merwe (Scotland) – 15
- Clean breaks: Huw Jones (Scotland) – 3
- Most metres: Huw Jones (Scotland) – 153
- Turnovers conceded: Scott Steele (Scotland) – 2
Scotland vs Italy player ratings
Scotland: Sean Maitland 7, Darcy Graham 7.5, Huw Jones 8, Sam Johnson 8, Duhan van der Merwe 9, Stuart Hogg (c) 7, Scott Steele 6, Matt Fagerson 6, Hamish Watson 8, Jamie Ritchie 7, Grant Gilchrist 7, Sam Skinner 8, Zander Fagerson 7, David Cherry 7, Rory Sutherland 7
Italy: Edoardo Padovani 6 , Mattia Bellini 6, Juan Ignacio Brex 5, Federico Mori 4, Montanna Ioane 6, Paolo Garbisi 5, Stephen Varney 5, Michele Lamaro 6, Johan Meyer 6, Sebastian Negri 7, Federico Ruzza 4, Niccolò Cannone 8, Marco Riccioni 6, Luca Bigi 6, Danilo Fischetti 6
- All Black legend Dan Carter ranks his five toughest opponents
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
ODDS: British & Irish Lions Most Likely Starting XV for tour opener…
- 15. Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 1/7
- 14. Jonny May (England) – 1/10
- 11. Josh Adams (Wales) – 1/7
- 13. Jonathan Davies (Wales) – 4/7
- 12. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland) – 1/9