According to The Evening Standard, three additional players will be hoping to impress Eddie Jones this week after being drafted into the England squad ahead of Saturday’s match with Wales.
Lock Charlie Ewels, centre Joe Marchant and flanker Matt Kvesic have been drafted in for the week.
The trio will all be hoping to impress during their time in camp in case they are required to come in permanently for an injured player.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…
England have three matches against Wales (17 August), Ireland (24 August) and Italy (6 September) before the tournament starts. Jones said of their importance: “Every game is an opportunity to improve our game fitness, our team cohesion, and our tactical adaptability. Each game for us will have a specific purpose.”
England will begin their Rugby World Cup campaign in Japan against Tonga in Sapporo (22 September, KO 11:15am UK time) before playing USA Rugby in Kobe (26 September, KO 11:45am UK time), Argentina in Tokyo (5 October, KO 09:00am UK time) and France in Yokohama (12 October, KO 09:15am UK time).