1. Jonny Wilkinson (England)
Williams said: “I’m lucky enough to say I’ve played with Jonny Wilkinson and have seen the commitment that he had. When I played with him, he was pretty much at the height of his powers, but the way he dedicated himself to his craft was unbelievable and I learnt a lot from him.
“I had a lot of self-doubts when I first came to the code (rugby union). Going into my second year with Toulon I still didn’t know if I could cut it.
“But playing with Jonny gave me the confidence to believe I could play international rugby – and that was the reason I wanted to go back home and have a crack.
“Not only did he really help my game, he told me how much it means to him playing for his country and how much he got out of it.”
- Video emerges of Kyle Sinckler ‘bite’ that saw prop cited
- “The complete player” – Doddie Weir picks his dream Lions pack
- Three Lions players whose stock has increased massively this tour
- New Zealand sevens star goes viral ‘best sports interview ever’
- McGeechan predicts five youngsters for 2025 Lions squad