Matt Giteau recalls his memories of the 2003 RWC final against England in his home country.
The versatile back pinpoints a moment where eventual match-winner Jonny Wilkinson hit him with a interesting looking tackle by modern standards.
Wilkinson and Giteau played together at Toulon later in their careers.
- Five players who are set to miss out on England’s Autumn squad
- Female ref branded ‘new Nigel Owens’ after delivering brilliant one-liner
- Fans pick their England XV for the Autumn Nations Series
- Gallagher Premiership team of the week: Round 5
- Opposition fans rank the five ‘most hated’ England players
5 things you didn’t know about Jonny Wilkinson
#1. Sporting family
Wilkinson’s brother, Mark, was also a Newcastle player who made 16 appearances in the Premiership for the side between 2002 and 2005, predominantly as a centre. His father, Phil, was a rugby player and cricketer, and his mother, Philippa, played squash at county level. His grandfather, Phil, also played football for Norwich.