Devastated Mike Brown reveals what led to him losing his England spot
England bad boy Mike Brown has insisted that the scuffle that ultimately cost him a place in England’s World Cup squad was not his fault.
A friend told The Sun said: “Mike did nothing wrong and yet he has carried the can. It doesn’t seem fair.”
According to their report, the harlequins fullback, who was not drinking on the night, maintains he was attacked by an out-of-control Te’o after telling the New Zealand-born centre to calm down when tempers were fraying.
Devastated Mike Brown insists he had nothing to do with row which cost him his place in England’s Rugby World Cup squad https://t.co/rIChz1C00N
— The Sun-Rugby Union (@SunRugbyUnion) August 13, 2019
Brown is adamant he was set upon by the 32-year-old and did not retaliate or strike the New Zealand-born centre.
And he’s said to be devastated that he was branded responsible by boss Jones and his coaching staff.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…