Former Scotland international Rory Lawson has a stark warning for people who think they won’t be affected by the deadly disease.
The 39-year-old, who is now in the later stages of recovering from coronavirus, represented his country 31 times between 20016 and 2010
“Thanks for all the well-wishes,” wrote Lawson on Twitter, who since retiring has become a freelance sports broadcaster.
Thanks for all the well-wishes. Really grateful. Hopefully through the worst of it but this virus is like nothing I’ve had before. It doesn’t care if you’re young or old, fit or not. Yes, it preys on the vulnerable but it can attack anyone and it floors plenty.— Rory Lawson (@rorylawson9) March 22, 2020
Hr added: “Really grateful. Hopefully through the worst of it but this virus is like nothing I’ve had before.
“It doesn’t care if you’re young or old, fit or not. Yes, it preys on the vulnerable but it can attack anyone and it floors plenty.”
- Nigel Owens blasts ‘selfish’ supermarket bulk buyers
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- Sir Clive Woodward’s radical plan to reboot rugby
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
Health authorities are asking people to wash their hands regularly for 20-second periods and have repeatedly reminded people that doing so is the best way to stop spreading the virus.
Authorities in many countries have also insisted that people must stay indoors in order to combat the spread of COVID-19.
LIST | 21 things to do when you can’t watch rugby
Coronavirus cases in the UK are increasing daily, and the UK has now entered the ‘delay phase’ of the Government’s plan to tackle COVID-19.
Here are 21 things you need to do during rugby’s absence.
1. Go watch a rugby movie/documentary.
2. Counting your loose change. See if you’ve got enough around the house for a few pints on your next rugby outing.
3. Play some of RUCK’s rugby quizzes. Post the results publicly…unless you do badly.
4. Read a rugby autobiography. We suggest Doddie Weir’s book!
5. Give Rugby 20 a go! Out now for PC, PS4 and X-Box One.